HVAC Technician Jobs
HVAC Technician Job Description
Performs skilled HVAC technical work in the maintenance, repair, replacement, and installation of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, controls and distribution systems.
HVAC TECHNICIAN JOBS ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Journeyman HVAC Technician responsibilities include the following, but is not limited to:
- Install, design, fabricate and repair heating & air conditioning duct work for commercial & residential systems. New construction & remodels.
- Installs, troubleshoots and repairs heating, air conditioning and refrigeration units, including chillers, boilers and heat pumps
- Troubleshoots malfunctioning heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems to determine the cause of the malfunction
- Performs scheduled maintenance inspections, and adjusts, cleans and calibrates various systems to assure proper system operations
- Repairs wiring and electronic components associated with automated building management systems
- Replaces expansion valves, compressors, motors, coil units and other component parts
- Cleans refrigerant systems from hermetic burnouts, evacuates, and charges systems
- Troubleshoots and repairs direct digital and pneumatic control systems
- Checks distribution systems for proper velocity, volume, temperature, pressure, etc.
- Balances air and water treatment systems
- Determines cause of and corrects condensation problems
- Provides technical assistance with the design of HVAC systems including installations and modifications to existing systems.